Once again I am trying to re-enter the blogosphere. I have to give myself a little credit though, it has not been a full year since I have posted. Let's see, in the last nine months a lot has happened...
1. Matty and I decided we wanted an adventure and did in fact decide to go to BYU Hawaii for the rest of his degree.
2. Little did we know at that point, our real adventure was starting to grow in my womb. Surprise! Little AberleAnn would be joining our family in November.
3. I spent the next two months in constant bouts of nausea, thinking we would only have one child.
4. Summer began, and I felt like a heavier version of myself again, and decided that maybe I still did want five children.
5. Matt's parents took us all on their 25th anniversary trip to Hawaii! We were able to scope out our future home, convincing us all that much more that that was where we wanted to be. We snorkeled practically every day (excellent pregnant lady activity) and saw hundreds of tropical fish, sea turtles, dolphins, and even a shark - not the scary kind - in our underwater explorations. We ate the food, saw the sites, hiked around, got sunburned, and fell in love with Hawaii and its culture.
6. Housing did not work out for the two of us in off-campus. Matt would move there for the first semester without me, and I would have the baby in Wyoming.
7. We got fed up with the hospital and looked into the possibility of having a midwife deliver Aberle. Turned out, we both felt peace about it and never looked back (Okay, maybe I did once or twice during the laboring procss).
8. We spent two months apart, miserable to be away from each other, but figuring out how to be positive and look to the future. FaceTime helped.
9. Matt flew back on my birthday to try to get things into gear and have baby Abs in that week and a half he was here. Surprise! Aberle came two days before!
10. We spent a week in our babymoon, where Matt and Aberle were able to meet and snuggle all day everyday.
11. Then we sent him back to Hawaii for another three weeks to finish the semester. Then he was back and we were together again with a new determination that we wouldn't be apart like that again.
12. One short weekend, we drove to get a five generation picture with Aberle, Matt, Tracy, John jr. and John sr. Very cool to see the line of family all in one place.
13. We spent an amazing Christmas with almost all of our family (minus Zach, Erin, and Marshall). Where it was fun to watch Aberle's cousins dote on her and maybe steal her binky once or twice - Charlie.
14. Our New Year's Eve plan consisted of flying all day. Aberle was amazing and slept most of each of the flights. We and I am sure everyone sitting around us were grateful for such a good baby.
15. These last two weeks have been spent getting adjusted to our new home. We absolutely love it!
That my friends is our 2013 year in a tiny post. Sorry for skimping on the details and pictures. As I am sure you have assumed, one of my new years resolutions is to keep updated with the blog - mostly for Aberle's sake so she can look back on this special time in her life where she lived on an island. More to come on our Hawaiian adventures!
I'm so excited for you!!! Please keep sharing pictures of your beautiful baby and new home!
ReplyDeleteSweet Alexa - 2013 sounds like a crazy, awesome year! It's fun to recap like that!
ReplyDelete